Herne Hill School and Oakfield Preparatory School

We are considering sending our daughter to one of the above schools when she turns three. Does anyone have any positive or negative experiences to share of these schools in the nursery intake? Also, if there are any other recommendations for independent pre-schools as opposed to nurseries in the area it would be great to hear them.

Thanks!

I have two children at Oakfield Prep both have been at the school since nursery, they are now year 1 & 3.

The nursery in particular is very sought after and I believe may even have a waiting list but i could be wrong. It is very nurturing and the staff have been there for a very long time and it runs very smoothly.

Both children absolutely loved the nursery, they have their own fenced area for playing and there are always lots of things for them to do.

I can't comment on Herne Hill as I have no experience but have only heard good things about it from people- personally I would have a look at both schools, I know Oakfield has open days on weekdays when the children are at school so you can get a good idea of the setting, it all comes down to preference and your instinct of a school.

Thanks so much myBaby178. I have open days booked in for both schools. Great to hear that your children have enjoyed Oakfield. I really appreciate you taking the time to respond.

Kind regards