Anyone else felt sick after eating a ice-cream from Stefano's deli in Dulwich Village?

Just wondered.... Shared an ice cream with my child at Stefanos Deli in Dulwich Village after a trip to the park earlier and now feel rather sick.

My toddler has complained of a tummy ache too!

I did notice that the ice-cream looked like it had melted a bit and re-formed.

Shouldn't have ordered it I guess but i had promised my toddler we'd share an ice-cream and wanted to avoid a melt-down (the standard re-action to a broken promise)

Obviously now really regretting it.

But wondered if anyone else has the same problem... Perhaps I am wrong and it was something else I ate anyway..?

Hummm seems suspicious - interested to see if anyone else has same problem.

I have not been impressed with their cleanliness.... Seen their toilets? Horrid.

I don't go there now - the ice-cream is really expensive - ?2.30 for a single scoop and their customer service is the worst I have seen in the Village. Stefano is really moody about giving out tasters (even when he has run out of all the usual flavors like strawberry and vanilla).

Seriously with ice-cream at this price I don't think it is too much to ask for more than one taste test for a young child. Plus some politeness and a smile might be nice too.

Penuts - I hope you are your chid weren't too sick. How are you today?

It is such a shame - I used to quite like Stefano's - there was a really lovely waiter employed there who always made my little one laugh with his jokes. Sadly he has left now and the place isn't the same at all. Even thought the ice-cream was expensive and not the best in the world, I went anyway because I liked this one particular waiter so much.

I used to hear Stefano being quite rude to my lovely waiter (and I believe that I why he left) - really Stefano is rather unpleasant. I am not surprised to hear of your experience Blue Orchid. The ice-cream is not good quality at Stefano's which is probably why he doesn't like to give out tasters. (Oddono's on Lordship Lane is AMAZING!!!) and the prices Stefano charges are outrageous for such a poor quality product.

Anyway - there are a few nice places in Dulwich Village - the cafe AuCiel around the corner is sweet - and Gails is very good quality. Romeo Jones and Gails have the best coffee. Rocca is lovely to sit in with great staff.

Therefore I don't see the point of Stefano's now (they have lost their one lovely member of staff). It would be better if the sad little Deli closed and something decent opened up instead.

Let us know who you are though Penuts - I hope you are ok.

good afternoon,

I am the owner of stefano's deli. I am sorry that few customers feel this way and will try to do our best to make the experience better. we love all our customers and we do enjoy being in the village.

the score.... the council has been in and we are waiting for the sticker to come to our premises,

the ice-cream.... we buy off an Italian supplier called la rustica and the ice-cream are imported from Italy. we do like rhe quality of the icecream. we also keep track of the temperature of the fridge and we have not had any problems since the start of the season also because the fridge is quite new( bought in march 2015)

tasters..... we offer a taste to every child that comes to the fridge counter but not more than one. at 3 it is a busy time and we try to make everybody happy.

the toilet is not more in use as we are starting some building refurbishment in September.

I hope i covered all the points in the chat bur if you have anymore do not hesitate to come to the shop and talk to me. I will be more than happy to hear about your experiences in stefano's deli