Removal company - would you get them to pack for you?

Hi,

We are about to embark on a house renovation which means we will be moving out in three weeks' time to live with family and putting all our belongings into storage. We have two young children, live in a three bedroom house with a fair amount of stuff.

My husband thinks we would have the removal company pack for us as it will be much easier and faster. I am on maternity leave at the moment so I feel I should do the packing and just have the removal company come in and move the boxes and furniture into storage.

Am I creating unnecessary stress for myself? With the money saved we could have a nice weekend trip somewhere instead.

What would you do or what did you do when you moved?

YES, every time. The relief at handing over your keys in the morning and going out for a leisurely breakfast while they do it all for you is immense. I just wish there was some sort of unpacking service you could use at the other end!

• 6 months later...
Would also recommend Roberts & Denny's. Used them last summer for packing & removals, they were excellent. They were friendly & professional to deal with, used their common sense in labelling & packing boxes, everything was packed safely & they managed to get furniture through the door that looked like it had no hope of fitting! Recommended them to a friend who had a similarly positive experience. We unpacked ourselves (in a very leisurely fashion...)

• 1 month later...

I did the packing myself as had to sort out things we don't wear any longer, what goes into storage, what we need immediately, what can be left in the boxes in the loft etc. I had help as my aunt was with us at the time, couldn't have done it without her.

Kitchen I left completely to the removal guys though, just put the things that would go into storage separately.