Mother Goose Greendale reassurance?

Any parents got babies at this nursery? Looks great for toddlers but I wasn't sure about the baby room when I visited (in a 4 weeks post-birth daze). My son will be 11 months when he goes (if we get a place!) and I was just wondering if anyone else had placed babies here and what experiences have been like?

Thanks!

Jenni

I'm afraid I don't have experience of this nursery however I looked at loads before choosing one for my daughter and I would say ALWAYS trust your instincts. Even if other people rave about a place if it doesn't 'feel' right to you then look elsewhere. Have you considered a childminder? I eventually decided that was the best option for my then one year old and she went on to nursery at two. Best of luck!

Both my boys went - one from 6 months one from a year. Both were very happy. They are now 8 and 11 though so was some time ago. I recently met a mum who has since sent her 3rd and 4th child, and only had nice things to say about it and they always seem to be making improvements to the environment.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Jayyfa,

My child is at MG Greendale and does seem pretty happy there.

The large outdoor space and wildlife garden is a real bonus but the inside of the building looks like it needs some TLC; it is a bit crumbly and old and some of the toys and equipment are shabby and dated.

Are you aware that the nursery only offers 48 weeks of childcare? The nursery closes for 2 weeks at Christmas and 2 weeks in the height of summer (it has just reopened today after the summer break). The last 2 weeks have been a nightmare as we don't have any family near us to help meaning we had to take unpaid leave and annual leave to cover it (nursery still charges 2 weeks of fees despite it being closed). The nursery also increases it's fees every year, around 6 - 10% so you need to work this in to your childcare costs. Having discussed this with other patents in the area, it seems that other local nurseries either have not increased fees or only increased by 1%.

I would say have a look at several nurseries before making a decision. There are a lot to choose from in the area and obviously you need to be totally happy who you're handing your baby over to.

Hope that helps.

I think most nurseries close for a few weeks a year, if its only 4 then that's similar to holidays taken by a childminder. We just took our annual leave when the nursery was closed (and we knew well in advance so could plan accordingly). Now our daughter is at school, the 13 weeks of school holidays are more tricky to navigate!

Good luck and as others have said, trust your instinct x