Use your parenting skills...

Home-Start Lambeth is looking for volunteers

Home-Start Lambeth trains volunteers to work with families with young children and give practical and emotional support to manage and resolve problems.

Volunteers visit families for 2-3 hours per week, using their own parenting and grand-parenting experiences to find solutions. This might be through listening to the parent, reading with the children or helping the family go out to the park.

Volunteers are given a free high-quality training course to develop their skills and prepare them for the things they may encounter with their family. They make new friends, obtain good experience to add to their CV and have a lot of fun too.

A volunteer says 'I really enjoyed my time with Home-Start Lambeth and found it an invaluable experience. The training was excellent and prepared me well for visiting my family.'

A family says 'The support I received from Home-Start has been a great experience. I have learnt skills in managing my children?s behaviour. Also it?s good to communicate with a supportive and understanding person. I?ve gained confidence and I was very happy with the result.'

The next volunteer training course will take place in the autumn. For more information, contact Home-Start Lambeth on (020)79249292 or [email protected] or visit our website www.homestartlambeth.co.uk