3 yo and cinema: Minions? INside Out?

Am thinking about taking my 3 yo son to the cinema as a treat. He's been to see a toddler show at picturehouse once before but hasn't been to see a full length film. I realise these are a possibly a bit sophisticated plot-wise for a 3 yo but honestly don't really care if we have to leave early. Thought it might be something interesting and different to have a go at...he doesn't watch films or TV at home (though has watched back to back episodes of Bob the builder whilst travelling...) so his concentration might not be up to it in that format but hey - who cares - I'll whisk him out of there if he gets restless.

Just wondered if anyone had taken theirs to see Minions or Insight out - thought Minions might be better because of teh slapstick element but I showed him the trailors of both and he seemed much more wary of the Minions and more interested in Inside Out...what do people think?

My 3.5 year old went to see Inside Out, and seemed to really enjoy it - mind you, she's a 3rd child and well versed in the discipline of sitting and watching movies ;)

My parents took her, with her siblings, and said apart from one section which she found a bit scary, she was fine.

Oh this sounds exciting. I love taking my my 3 1/2 year old to the cinema (great for rainy weekends). He does not sit still, ever but actually provided he likes the film he does sit still in a cinema...

Last weekend we went to see the new thomas the tank engine at Surrey Quays cinema which he loved. I had completely forgotten about the ED one. Will def try it.

My just 4yo son has seen both Minions and Inside Out (see my other post on the surviving house renovations with kids thread!) and he did huge belly laughs throughout the Minions film and only one for Inside Out. I think the latter's subject matter was a bit over his head, but the slapstick humour of Minions was spot on.

Well. The verdict was:

He didn't want to see minions - didn't like the 'yellow men'.

But we did go to see Inside Out and he watched the whole thing. Not sure he got any of it but enjoyed some of the sequences and it certainly held his attention.

A success! Hurray.