Men B Vaccination - Recommendation needed

stuspa

Hi

I'm looking to get my 1 yr old son vaccinated against Meningitis B.

Does anyone have any recommendations of clinics in the area, ED, Camberwell, Herne Hill, Peckham or even London bridge way?

I understand he would need three doses across a period of time. Is that what people have found?

Best

Stu

Stu

We've just been looking at the same thing and are going to use the Health Hub in Herne Hill (http://www.healthhub.london). We've used them before for other things and found them to be good. Not cheap at ?150 per dose for Men B but that seems to be about the going rate in London.

The only other method that was suggested to us was to get your doctor to give you a private prescription for it, buy it from the pharmacy (around ?70 per dose) and then go back for the doctor to administer it - but I'm not sure how feasible this route is.

Gareth

We are also going to use Health Hub for Men B in a few weeks having used them for chicken pox. They are very nice and it's easily accessible from ED.

I tried enquiring about getting a private prescription for chicken pox for my GP to administer and thd nurse looked at me like I was talking about going to the moon so I think you need to be lucky with your GO for that route to work!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Latest Discussions

• That is clearly not true. I see car drivers breaking the law on hourly basis - jumping red lights, speeding, not obeying the general rules. Plus they  are operating considerably more dangerous machinery and should have a greater responsibility of care to other road uses. You can see who causes the most harm by the stats. 
    • Looking for a suit for an 11 year old. Quite specific, white with black thin stripes.  Trying to replicate Michael Jacksons smooth criminal costume.  A blue linen shirt and white tie.    Thank you !!!!!!!
    • A quick Google found this, amongst other things: "Social impact models are frameworks or approaches that guide how organizations or initiatives address social or environmental problems."
    • "If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck then it must be a duck" comes to mind Unfortunately, a large number of cyclists do exhibit selfish amd anti social behaviour which, regardless of how many good cyclists there are, is seen as the norm.  It's a bit like one car driver jumping a red light and all car drivers getting tarred by the same brush. Perception is the issue and if cyclists all obeyed the rules, everyone would be less anti them but unfortunately that isn't the case 🤔
Home
Events
Sign In

Sign In

Or sign in with one of these services

Search
    Search In