Bringing donations for Calais to mine on Sat? PLEASE DO CHECK REVISED list at end of thread!

****UPDATED MORNING OF SATURDAY 5TH SEPTEMBER *****

Hello all, can I just ask, if you're kindly dropping stuff off today, to please check the original thread or the Calaid website to ensure that your items are still on the list of what the charity is accepting as they WON'T accept donations of stuff that isn't on the list anymore such as women's clothes, kids clothes, pillows, etc.

Thank you and see some of you this morning!

Gracie

X

Thank you so much for everyone who replied, sorry my inbox became full when I was on holiday.

The next London donations drop is in Dalston on Sunday 6th September.

My friend and I are planning to take everyone's donations there. We've had about 60 responses now and they're still coming which is amazing, but it does mean that it isn't feasible for me to arrange separate drop offs at my house with everyone individually, so sorry about that.

Can I ask that drop offs are made to my house which is 147 Upland Rd SE22 0DF either this Saturday 29th between 9:00am - 12:00 noon or Saturday 5th between 9:00am - 12:00 noon? Then we will take them to Dalston, hiring a van if necessary depending on how much is dropped off, on Sunday 6th. The donations will then be distributed in the refugee camp by the charity.

Please remember that EDAus who contributed to this thread has been in contact with the charity in the last week and they said they have been overwhelmed with women's and children's clothes and are not currently taking donations of those.

SO CURRENTLY NOT ACCEPTING KIDS OR WOMEN'S CLOTHES, BUT STILL VERY MUCH NEED BOYS AGED 13+ UPWARDS TO MEN'S plus the other items listed below.

They still desperately seeking:

Boys13+ & men's winter shoes anc clothes (leather trainers, warm clothes, warm waterproof coats.

Sleeping bags, tents and blankets

Toys and games, Craft stuff

Balls

Kites

Books including phonic books

Food (tinned and dry goods no pork)

Hygiene products & sanitary wear

https://www.facebook.com/childrenofcalais?fref=ts

Fantastic, thank you lovely forum! I'm going away tomorrow for a week but we're in touch with the charity and it looks like it may be better to make our delivery to them in Brighton rather than try to do it ourselves in Calais, just waiting for confirmation on that. I will be in touch with you all as soon as I'm back to organise receiving your donations, thank you!

Hi everyone I contacted the person coordinating this appeal via Facebook to ask a few questions about items that they need/could use - hope you don't mind Hellosailor and are enjoying your holiday!

They have been overwhelmed with women's and children's clothes and are no longer taking donations.

They still desperately seeking:

Boys13+ & men's winter shoes (leather trainers, warm clothes, warm waterproof coats.

Sleeping bags

Toys and books

Food

Hygiene products & sanitary wear

They are also crowd funding to provide safe communal shelters for the women - currently sleeping rough and very vulnerable, and seeking funding to the schools of the camp with:

www.gogetfunding/children-of-calais

I am happy to take denotions in and co-ordinate with Hellosailer when she is back - the only thing is that I work full-time so drop off times may be a bit limited sorry! Feel free to message me and I will try to find a way to make it work.

After reading a Facebook update from a friend's, friend who is currently helping in the 'jungle', I could not help but become emotional - children disappointed with toys because they are so hungry they would prefer food, after handing out one piece of fruit and one tin to each person they still had to turn a line full of hungry people away.

Thanks EDAus...where are you based, and when do you think you might be able to do a collection?

If we can make it work I can drop off some stuff, otherwise, for those who'd also like to give money, looked at the gogetfunding.com site, this guy seems to be doing some great stuff and has a lot more in the way of updates and camp knowledge: http://gogetfunding.com/delivering-aid-to-calais-migrants-in-need/

Are we able to organise a food donation? If so I'd love to help with this. It absolutely breaks my heart to think of anyone's child going hungry. I can't take thing to Brighton but I'm happy to coordinate food donations/accept donations at my house if someone else can get them to Brighton.

I had been planning to co-ordinate with Hellosailor but cannot send any messages as the mail box is full - hoping that she will read these updates.

We don't have a car but are members of Zipcar, so if necessary we could hire a car and drive down to Brighton one day - we have some friends we could visit to make a day trip of it.

I have been speaking to Ali who co-ordinates Children of Calais - she can provide details of the drop off points etc when needed. As they are volunteers, I think it may be different depending on which day you go to Brighton etc. I am sure that they would love a delivery of tinned foodstuffs etc.

We have personally bought some tinned food, shower gel, deodorant, wash bags hygiene products & sanitary wear, children's toys etc. All ready to go. Kind people have also dropped off sanitary wear we have added to the goods.

Jayyfa - we based on Ashbourne Grove just off Lordship Lane between HSBC and Barclays Banks. Once we have a date for heading down to Brighton I could pop by on the day and collect or people can message me and arrange an alternative drop off time etc.

Ok, I'll start ramping up the food/consumables donation effort and work out transport to Brighton later.

Anyone who would like to donate tinned ready to eat food and consumables like sanitary products, hygiene products, nappies, etc please PM me. We are near Brockley/Ladywell and I'm on maternity leave so I'm around lots!