Where to move for schools in SE London?

I'm hoping somebody might be kind enough to give some insider local info. We're looking to buy a house in SE London or nearby Kent areas. At the moment we're looking at E Dulwich, Nunhead, Brockley, Forest Hill, but we are really flexible as it's family friendly and near great schools.

We're hoping for a three bed period for around ?850k. Where would you look if you were in our situation on that budget? Is there an area where you get decent primaries and secondaries (I imagine that might be a tiny slither of a few streets were the areas overlap?!)

Thank you so much

Honor Oak Park is good for primary schools with Stillness, Dalmain and Fairlawn all performing well, not sure on Secondary schools although one of my neighbours sent their kids to secondary school in Surrey as the trains from Honor Oak practically went straight there.

Some of the roads behind the high street in HOP (south side) might be in the catchment of both Stillness and Dalmain.

Good Luck

Probably not much has changed since you asked the same question back in April.

The potential for change between now and when a currently pre-school child hits the secondary schools on the other hand is huge. Thankfully most of the schools round here, both primary and secondary are pretty good, but that wasn't the case ten years ago.

I love the area where we live in Forest Hill, close to both Fairlawn and Horniman schools and with the Horniman Museum at our doorstep which is a huge bonus. It feels very villagey and really close to Dulwich/ East Dulwich. Plus great transport links (overground and trains). From what I can gather for secondary school kids in this area go to Sydenham Girls and Forest Hill Boys, the Harris schools and maybe Kingsdale (which I think are all quite good from what I have read here in the forum, but I don't really know personally as my kids are still too young). Some kids in our road also go to the private schools (Alleyns and Dulwich College) which are 10 mins away via the P4 bus.