Heber School uniform question

Mrs D

Well, I'm going by what their official policy is. Whether you follow it is of course up to you - I don't think they're massively strict about enforcing it unless someone's completely taking the mickey. The logo polo shirts are ?6.50 but they wash better than the (cheaper) plain Sainsbury's ones, I've found.

I think we may all be talking at cross-purposes here... The official policy as I understand it is either a plain white shirt (i.e. a 'proper' shirt, not a polo shirt) or a polo shirt with a logo. Not a logo-less polo shirt - though that said I've seen many kids wear them.

Thanks all again! Sounds like I need to return the plain white polo t-shirts I got and get shirts. I did read the guidance on the website too fast the first time and got a bit too excited ordering!

Final question - can you only buy the navy sweater from the school? Are there any shops that sell them?

Honestly , you can wear a plain white polo shirt or the official logo polo shirt from the school office .

My experience is the opposite to yours , the ones I get from Asda are 100 percent cotton and wash way better than the school ones , I would never buy a logo top for more money when I can get plain 100 percent cotton for less .

Most schools don't mind if the polo tops are plain or with the logo as long as they are polo tops and the colour matches .

You will be fine with the plain polo shirts. You can also buy iron-on heber logos for jumpers and cardigans directly from the school - I much prefer to buy plain jumpers/cardigans for my daughter and attach the iron-on (which also benefit from being stitched ) logos - the shape and material of the school jumpers and cardies doesn't suit my daughter.

The school has 2 inset days on Tuesday and Wednesday 1/2 September but the office staff may still be available to take calls/enquiries - might be better than trying to purchase on first day back amongst the rush.....