Thanks for the help x

Sally82

I have always been a reader of the EDF without actually registering to post as it's not something that I generally do (I'm not even on Facebook!). Anyway, I have been suffering from PND since the birth of my second child last year and was finding it hard to cope. To make matters worse my wonderful new son was the worst sleeper possible so I was surviving on very limited sleep which certainly made my illness far far worse. I felt like I had tried everything but actually sticking to something seemed impossible whilst feeling so low and exhausted.

Thanks to threads on here I eventually spoke to a sleep consultant, (Nicola at child sleep solutions) as well as going to the doctors about how low I was feeling. I am now on a short (ish) course of tablets to help me cope, am getting support through the charity PANDAS and just 3 weeks ago started sleep training my son with the support of Nicola. The pills are helping and (I think maybe even more so) the extra sleep I am getting is too. My son has been sleeping 12 hours a night for the last week and is suddenly such a happy baby and there were only a couple of nights that were especially tough even though I chose a really gentle method as leaving him to cry I knew would be too tough for me. Nicola has been an angel, providing caring, considered support and seemingly endless knowledge.

Anyway, the reason I am posting this is to say thanks for all the posts that help more people than we actually realise (including folks like me skulking in the background!) and to urge mums and dads in a similar situation to not be afraid to ask for help as taking those steps has really turned my life around and allowed me to enjoy being a mum of 2 gorgeous boys rather than feeling like a shell of my former self!

There is support out there for PND and non-sleeping babies so don't be ashamed to use it. I found PANDAS http://www.pandasfoundation.org.uk/ and Child Sleep Solutions www.childsleepsolutions.co.uk were a life line and if this post helps just one other person I will be happy x

This forum is brilliant for that and I feel very lucky to live here and benefit from this community which is so warm, and very wise! Thanks for posting. I'm really glad you felt able to ask for help and that things have turned a corner. Wishing you more and more sleep!

Jenni x