Charter ED - Admissions and Tours

I thought I would start a new thread as I have a couple of questions but as yet no response from Charter ED.

I filled in the online application form but as yet no email to confirm - anyone else? I have sent an email asking them to confirm application was received but nothing back yet!

Would love to hear if anyone else has tried and succeeded or failed also.

Secondly the tours of the hospital site are saying (via eventbrite)they are full...can anyone at charter ED confirm they will put more on?

Thanks!!!

Hi confusedbyitall and loveED86,

When you submitted your application online you should have received confirmation on the website that your application was submitted successfully. If you got this confirmation, then we've safely received your application. You will also receive an e-mail confirmation but this isn't automated so it may take a few days to come through.

The open day at the hospital site is now full. We are restricted in numbers by the space and NHS requirements (the site is still occupied by the NHS). We still have spaces for all the weekday open events where we have much greater capacity so if at all possible, I recommend that you book onto one of those.

Although the Saturday event takes place on the hospital site, it will not involve a tour of the site and we will only be using one room in the hospital building. We will be giving exactly the same presentation as at the other Open Days so you won't miss anything at all. We will be organising opportunities for prospective parents and students to visit the site at a later date once we have better access but that will be after the deadline for submitting applications.

The Charter School East Dulwich now has a website and is on twitter. We will be posting regular updates on our progress, admissions, our temporary and permanent sites and lots more. Please follow @chartereast on Twitter and help us grow our followers and check the website at www.chartereastdulwich.org.uk.

loveED86 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Hi littlek1cker

>

> I submitted application online Friday when website

> became live, nothing popped up to make me assume

> application was not successfully received, should

> I have received confirmation by now?

> Thanks

Hi loveED86,

Please be patient, it's still less than two working days since you submitted your application. Leave it till next week and if you still haven't heard anything you can e-mail [email protected] or PM me.

Hi

Yes I was going to wait until end of week at least before contacting anyone further.

I am sure I will receive something soon.

Thank you

littlek1cker Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> loveED86 Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > Hi littlek1cker

> >

> > I submitted application online Friday when

> website

> > became live, nothing popped up to make me

> assume

> > application was not successfully received,

> should

> > I have received confirmation by now?

> > Thanks

>

> Hi loveED86,

>

> Please be patient, it's still less than two

> working days since you submitted your application.

> Leave it till next week and if you still haven't

> heard anything you can e-mail

> [email protected] or PM

> me.

Thanks for the quick response, I think it will also help those like me who expect an automatic reply once submission is made (horrified that application didn't go through and no school place!!)

Also pleased that hospital site is no different to charter site visit! I have booked a visit to charter.

Very reassured!

Don't fret - contrary to popular opinion, an (on time) application submitted at one minute before the deadline has the same validity and will be considered at the same time as one submitted on the first day. I din't know how many times I've told people this and they just shake their head and say "Naaaah". At appeal, you will frequently get someone saying "I applied early so should have been prioritised" :-((((