Any recipe ideas for fussy toddlers?

gemo

I have a 1 year old and 2 year old who are driving me insane with their fussy eating. Does anyone have any fail safe recipes that have won over your fussy ones??

My 1 year old is allergic to eggs and comes out in eczema if he has cows milk. He refuses to be spoon fed and won't eat anything he can't pick up and do himself. He hates soft or wet food so lasagne, pasta, sandwiches, rice, mash potato etc are off the menu. His favourite thing in the world is homemade pizza or any other variation on the cheese and bread theme - cheese on toast, quesadilla.

My two year old used to be an amazing eater but has overnight decided that he will try to limit his diet to sausages and marmite sandwiches. This is a battle of wills really and I'm trying to give him no other option but it means him going without one meal most days.

I'd be so grateful for any ideas!

Off the top of my head:

Scotch pancakes with a variety of fillings? Mashed banana/berries etc for breakfast? Cheese/spinach/grated carrot/courgette for lunch?

Grated apple and cheese on toast?

Rice pudding cooked for longer so you can 'cut' it into squares? Likewise with porridge...porridge fingers? Made with soya/almond milk?

Flapjacks? Healthy snack if get a good recipe? Can add grated carrot, Banana, prunes etc...

Fish fingers? Use white fish or salmon/mackerel...

Roasted wedges of sweet potato? Jacket potato wedges? Would one year old dip these into something healthy?u

Nothing is fail safe in the toddler world I've found!

Hi Gemo, my son also has a thing for sausages and marmite which he would eat every night given half a chance.

I've had some successes with:

veggie sausages (he never realised the difference, hahaha)

smoked mackeral

baked beans on toast

tuna pasta

chicken wraps

And he loves olives and gherkins. He'll also eat a lamb curry if we're all eating together. A lot of salt but at least there's some variety.