Info on reception classes locally

goldilocks

I wondered if people would be able to help me with some info on reception classes in the local area and how they are structured. We looked round a couple and they varied.

Bessemer has one early years unit where nursery and reception are all in together - its all open but with distinct separate areas.

Goose green has one classroom (double class) knocked through and has 60 kids in it.

I know the DVI has 3 classrooms and the kids can move between them but just wondered what happened at the others? Any info gratefully received.

It's been a while since my children were in reception, but when they were (Goodrich) it was 3 x classes of 30. They have their own playground and there's an element of "free flow" between classes (although my kids generally stayed within their own classroom).

Yep, it was as Pickle describes for Goodrich last year. 3 x 30, some time in classes for more structured bits of the day and free flow between the classes and in/outdoors. They mix in the bigger playground at lunchtime (with year 1 & 2 I think) but can choose to stay in the quieter area too - my daughter seemed to like having the option of mixing with her older friends some days or having a bit of a quieter time on others.