Forest Hill School

I was wondering if anyone had any experience of this school and/or a child who attends... also whether it's possible to get in from Forest Hill Road end of SE22? I'd be really grateful to hear any thoughts. I attended the open morning yesterday and I was impressed, but I've heard mixed reports from others. Please PM if its easier.

Many thanks!

We went this morning and was also very impressed! Think its an excellent school.

My reports come from my daughters friends whose brothers go there, only have heard good things about it.

Not sure about admissions as the criteria has changed to distance only. It will go on my list but doubt we will get a place (Goose Green/Bellenden Rd).

All the reports I've had about the school are pretty positive. I know quite a few people with children currently there and some who have been all the way through and on to 6th form. I quizzed them fairly closely about their experiences. No school is perfect and so you will never get a consensus, obviously, but a good inclusive properly comprehensive education is what I always wanted for my children. It was our first choice for our son - I was so impressed at the open day that I came away truly excited about the prospect of him starting secondary! But then we failed to get a place (on distance), which was a terrible blow. It has become another oversubscribed school. Our son went on the waiting list and got a place on the first day of term. It has only been a few weeks but he goes off happily, comes home full of enthusiasm for his lessons (particularly maths and art) and is coping with the amount of homework they give him.