Any views on fairlawn or Eliot Bank Primary

Hi, these are both outstanding schools, but are heavily oversubscribed. I gather from your other posts that it's an older primary school aged child you are looking to place in a local state school. It does get easier in the upper years of primary; you would need to be added to the waiting list of the schools, your chance of securing a place at either of these schools would depend on your distance from them and is reliant on a child leaving. Other schools to consider include Goodrich, St Francesca Cabrini, Dulwich Wood and Kelvin Grove if there are no spaces at Fairlawn or Eliot Bank. These are also good schools.

Renata

Hi

Thanks for the info, she is currently position 9 for Fairlawn and 1 with a potential offer, I am closer to Eliot Bank so I think it is more likely to be there. Goodrich, Cabrini no spaces had been offered a place at Heber but seemed abit of a distance and did not have a very good ofsted report.

Eliot Bank is great. I think they challenge the children quite a lot, which suits mine! We started mid-year and it's friendly. I've heard Fairlawn is very good too. Let me know if you want to know anything in particular, and good luck.

We moved from goose green (which i can't rate high enough!) to Eliot bank because we left ED. Eliot Bank is brilliant, very high standard of teaching and lots going on, fantastic school trips as also the setting is great: off the main road, hidden in the trees and with a pond. PM me if you have any questions and I will be happy to help.