Employment lawyer

azurh

midivydale Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> She is expensive, although I suspect most are.

Having been down this route several years ago (not with Caroline) agree that it is v.v. expensive. Unless the money at stake is ????KKKK it's cheaper in the long run to walk away, head held high. That's what I did and do not regret it. :)

Have a look at both your home buildings and contents insurance cover, some policies include insurance for legal action during redundancy.

Also are you aware of / in touch with anyone who has taken legal action against your employer; often good to use their solicitor who has experience of the employer. Good luck.

Also, am sure you have done this, but look for resources online that might arm you with sufficient information to ask questions of your employer. Certainly if you are being made redundant etc. you will have information rights at the very least and if you can clearly articulate these you'll be on a better footing. See for instance https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/work/rights-at-work/basic-rights-at-work/ and http://www.acas.org.uk/index.aspx?articleid=4663. Also, of course, read your contract and any terms and conditions attached to the contract. Good luck!

I am not looking to take my employers to the cleaners!!! I have been asked to find a legal representative to check through my agreement who is independent from the company I work for. Albeit my case is slightly different as I wont be leaving for another year!

Hi, I'm an employment lawyer currently on garden leave but my firm is likely to

be able to assist. They're called Lyons Davidson Solicitors. It sounds pretty straightforward as you are essentially looking for someone to advise you on the terms of a settlement agreement.

Here's the link for the firm

https://www.lyonsdavidson.co.uk/people/?member=&ser=employment&loc=&sur=&all=0

• 1 month later...