Reception application fiasco - anyone had problem with borough change?

Claref

Hello all

Hoping this has happened to someone else who can advise on what to do - I don't like to post negative things but I am stumped. I am trying to apply for second daughter's sibling place in reception. Since applying for my first daughter's place a few years ago, we have moved borough. The Eadmissions website won't let me change my address because of the borough change and tells me to contact Southwark.

Southwark are being unhelpful and despite several emails (told me first that they could do it when they tried and then to talk to Lewisham when I insisted I could not) and 3 phone calls (haven't yet managed to talk to anyone who knows) I have made no progress. Lewisham refers me to Eadmissions and Eadmissions refers me back to Southwark! It must be so simple and must happen all the time!

Has this happened to anyone and how did you resolve it? I can't create a new account because the children exist on the system.

Thanks!

Are you going through the borough of Lewisham's application website?

I think you apply from the borough you live in now and can put schools in any borough (eg Southwark) on your list if that makes sense!

We moved from Southwark to Lewisham and the Lewisham eadmissions form let me put in the new child and new address on the Lewisham site.

Hello

Thanks Verds, that is helpful. I used my old Eadmissions log-on, as I understood I should do, and added the younger daughter, so she is now on the system, so I need Southwark to change it their end. If I had started anew with a new account with Lewisham maybe that would have been the answer but I can't now do that! I guess that explains why I seem to the the only one with this problem...

Just an update in case anyone else gets in a similar mess. Someone finally helped me from Eadmissions at London Grid for Learning after a request from Southwark. I had to remove 'sibling' from my application and then delete the application and I was then able to change the address before starting the application again. Hurrah.