Lanzarote with toddler - any recommendations?

bels123

In desperate need of winter sun and would appreciate recommendations for accommodation. A separate bedroom for our toddler is a must, so struggling with the usual holiday sites.

Think we're after a villa or apartment in a resort with a big pool and close to beach and restaurants.

Any ideas?

Thanks

We stayed here http://www.lanzaroteretreats.com, actually i was pregnant and it was before we had kids, but everyone else there had kids and wondered why on earth we were coming to such a family friendly place before we needed to! It was great, I definitely will go back with my children when we can. There's a donkey and chickens, cats, and lots of play areas for kids, and it's generally a really lovely place to stay. The nearest beach was a bit rocky and too windy for us, although that might be time of year as it was March, so we drove to other beaches. That may or may not make it less child-friendly, not sure.

The Princess Yaiza is superb, but I'm not sure if it can manage your 2nd bedroom requirement. The Gran Melia Volcan http://www.hotelvolcanlanzarote.com/index.php?lang=en is fantastic too and has rooms with a separate bedroom area. It also has no steps. There's no disco etc at night but if you have a little one with an early bedtime that might be a good thing - it's very quiet. There are no steps so it's very buggy friendly and there's lots and lots of restaurants and cafes all along that stretch which goes along up to the Yaiza and beyond. We used to just pop out with the buggy and sleeping child and find a restaurant on the walkway. I know that it's available through Sovereign if you wanted a package.