DBS checks - complicated - help please!

LalKJ

Hi

My nanny works for another family too and they have asked she be DBS checked - the enhanced check. She has tried to do this, and we are now looking at it together as it seems ridiculously complicated. It seems she has to go via an "umbrella body" and maybe go somewhere in person with her documents, but we can't even find a local branch. Can anyone help advise with some experience please - very very much appreciated. I am a lawyer and I am finding the whole thing baffling - but then maybe I have been on maternity leave to too long! Thanks for any help.

Hi I recently had to do this in a work capacity on behalf of someone else.

I went through an umbrella body which I picked off the HMRC website where they list accredited companies

It was not local at all but didn't need to be -all communication was done over the phone and I posted document copies to them.

They sent the HMRC form and were extremely helpful when filling out the form-they gave me a set of guidelines to follow and I called them if I had any queries.

The form itself is not complicated but it took me a while to work out which documentation I needed.

A bit daunting at first but once you get started it's o.k..really !

I have recently done it myself, and it's actually very easy. I just had to do an online questionnaire and email/post copies of documents. I can't recall the name of the company but I guess they are all pretty similar. And my circumstances are not straight-forward as I use two names (professionally I kept my maiden name, and my forename has different versions) and I am not British. All still came through within a few weeks.