5yr old boy's birthday party venue recommendations?

I live ED, we tried JAGS bouncy castle thing, but booked for the date. Not to mention at the very top (aka over) our budget.

Where else could we try? I've heard of somewhere in Beckenham, I think? Just want run around space for the boys really. I'm happy (and would rather) provide food etc. Daughter has been ill so I'm now massively behind organising this for January.

Any knowledge/recommendations gratefully received that I can ring through - I'm worried all will be booked up.

Try the Ivy House - they have a small room in the back and you can bring your own food etc - Putting on a few shows between Xmas and New year but if you click on the link it will allow you to see a few pics of the place

Family Xmas Comedy Magic Show ? 28th December 2 - 4pm

@ The Ivy House, 40 Stuart Rd, Nunhead, London SE15 3BE

Live Animals from thin air, ventriloquism, one lucky person to be cut in half, audience participation & Great Family Entertainment

A chance to meet Fluffy the Rabbit and Free Bunny Copter to all those attending.

Doors Open 15 minutes early. Interval between two Magical acts, starring Kimmo & Amigo?s Magic.

Kimmo "Children's Entertainer of the Year" who has starred in the following TV Shows - "The Sorcerer's Apprentice", "The Slammer" and "Britain's Got Talent". Simon Cowell said ?I don?t normally like ventriloquists but that was very good?

Amigo?s Magic is a Member of the Magic Circle and has been on ?Brainiac? and ?The Big Breakfast?

Tickets ?6 per Child, Adult ?7.50 ? Family ticket of four ?20 Family Ticket (5) ?25

www.magicmindreadingandmayhem.co.uk

Xmas Magic, Mind-Reading & Mayhem Show - 28th December 8 - 10pm

@ The Ivy House, 40 Stuart Rd, Nunhead, London SE15 3BE

Doors Open @ 6pm for a drink or meal beforehand and to reserve your seat

Close Up Magic in the bar from 7pm from Members of the Magic Circle and from 8pm three stage acts from some of the UK?s finest performers. Come along and enjoy an evening of sorcery, trickery, sleight of hand and illusion.

Tickets ?10 in advance or ?15 on the door

www.magicmindreadingandmayhem.co.uk

This months three acts include - Kimmo one of the UK?s top ventriloquists has starred in the following TV Shows - "The Sorcerer's Apprentice", "The Slammer" and "Britain's Got Talent". Simon Cowell said ?I don?t normally like ventriloquists but that was very good?

?Do you have ESP Show? looks at whether it?s possible to pick things up, by using a sixth sense. Ever started singing a song, for it to suddenly play on the radio, or you start to think of someone you know, the phone rings and they are on the other end of the line and you say ?I was just thinking of you?. Come and find out if you or others around you have this telepathic ability.

Forzoni Magic is one of the UK's foremost Mind Readers and has a Mind-Reading Show called "Influence" which has been playing in various venues across the UK. Come and witness the impossible as the Magic takes place.

St Clement with St Peter?s church hall is available to hire for children?s parties (for ages 7 and under) every Saturday afternoon, 2-5pm.

It?s a large, light space with plenty of room for running around (or even a small/medium bouncy castle) and it has it?s own kitchen plus tables and chairs. There?s also parking available. The cost is ?100.

We?re located between Friern Road and Barry Road (opposite the entrance to Silvester Road).

For more information please send a PM or have a look on our website: stclementwithstpeter.btck.co.uk/

I have taken my kids to parties at the following, all which have been absolutely fine:

- Francis Peak Centre in Dulwich Park;

- St Faith's Community Centre, Red Post Hill;

- South London Scout Hut, up near the Golf Club;

- Edward Alleyn Clubhouse, off Burbage Rd;

- St. Barnabus Church Hall, Dulwich Village.

There is also Gambado in Beckenham but that really tests the eardrums! Best of luck!

One of my neighbours booked the Methodist Church Hall on Half Moon Lane for a Halloween party, it was ?100 for the afternoon and they were very relaxed about start and finish times. It's the big hall on the junction with Village Way where the Half Moon Montessori nursery are based and there is plenty of room for a bouncy castle plus running around space. Tippi Toes do cheap bouncy castles and soft play stuff that we used as well. It was the cheapest option we found for the amount of space you get!

Hello there,

Partied at the adventure Playground always go down a treat- check out www.dkhap.org.uk for pics of the Playground.

Also Lou at Captured on the Rye has run amazing screen printing parties here capturedontherye.com

Also Mona has run parties here too http://www.superfunparties.co.uk/

Kate x

Email us at [email protected] for more details x