MEN'S xmas pressie advice - help wanted!

Tanqueray

Advice please. Xmas present help!

Next Xmas, myself and my other half are going to New York, just the 2 of us, kid free. (I have a daughter; he has no kids).

We are both already ridiculously excited for it and we will be there 24/12 - 30/12.

I'd like to buy him an Xmas present this year that's "for NYC next year" but I can't think of anything other than a very warm pair of gloves which doesn't quite seem exciting enough.

Does anyone have any great ideas and nothing more than ?40?

Thanks xx

It really depends on his and your interests. Viator is a fab site for good ideas. Carriage ride in Central Park etc. If he's into movies then maybe, for example a Ghostbusters DVD and promise to visit the fire station. If he likes music, then are there any American bands he likes with links to New York City? Lunch at Empire State? Lunch at Grand Central station? Comedy store, it's a different prospect to those in London. Tickets to ice skating in Central Park. Tickets to the Radio City Xmas Spectacular is an institution there. Tickets to to shows like Jerry springer. Phaidon do good guide books that are cooler and more bespoke than some. Urbandaddy.com is a good local site for ideas.

When my friend moved to NY I got her a selection of books set in NY which she loved. Or NY films if he's more into that. Otherwise a not so obvious guidebook is the black book guide which is bars and restaurants and he could start planning where to eat (I usually have 4 meals a day in NY to fit in all the places I want to go).