Oakfield versus Rosemead

Hi all. Any thoughts on these two independent schools? We will have to make our decision in a few weeks and we love both. I noticed Rosemead gets more scholarships for secondary school but I don't know how important that is. My child is not a sporty one so that's not a factor in our considerations, he seems musical though, to the extent that you can judge that so early on.

Thanks!

In terms of fees scholarships can make a big difference.

Sport/music/art can make up to 25% off the bill, academic 40-60%.

That depends very much on the school, schools like jags or alleyns reduce the bills only by a few %,

because they don't need to beg for elite students.

When you start rosemead/oakfield the whole thing seems far away and you can't influence it too much.

I can't help with the decision making but wanted to give feedback on the point above

Good luck!

Hi I can only give you feedback for Oakfield as that is where my children attend both have been there since nursery and are now in year 2 and 4, my girls absolutely love it and so far are doing very well.

It's not perfect but what school is- it is however the right school for my children and this is what matters. I think you need to go with your gut instinct and maybe list what you did and did not like about both schools.

In terms of music Oakfield is fab, opportunities to learn an instrument start in year 1, they also have lots of music groups such as jazz band, choir, orchestra etc

I have heard very good things about Rosemead and a friend whose daughter is in year 6 there has been very happy.

Let me know if there is anything you would like to know.