Micro Scooter - when did you move from the mini to maxi?

dibden

Im wondering when people moved their kids from the mini micro to the maxi.

Kid #1 is almost 4 and has a Mini Micro Scooter which suitable for ages 3-5 according to the website. Kid #2 is about to be 2years old and we were going to get a second scooter.

Could I move my 4year old onto the Maxi Micro Scooter with the adjustable handle at age 4? Its lowest level is 67cm and the fixed heigh of the mini is 60cm. Then I would just buy kid#2 the o-bar for the one we already have. Is 7cm a big change??

or

Alternatively can kid#1 keep using the mini micro until they turn 6 or 7 year old?? In which case we would get a second mini with o-bar and they both have the same scooter and then we move to bikes.

Anyone with kids two years apart have any thought on this?

We moved my eldest onto a maxi at 4.5 and he's so much better on it - theres more room for his feet, the brake is bigger and its better for pulling them too if they're tired as you can pull the handlebar up. He also stopped falling over the handlebars! As long as they're scooting the whole time and you don't end up carrying it a lot I'd say the maxi is good.

We have a 2 year gap too and the only thing that stopped us going straight for the maxi was that the 4 year old started saying he wanted a 2 wheeler which I wasn't keen on (as he fell of the mini mirco a fair bit) so we bought a second hand mini from the forum that did for a few months until he decided that a maxi would be ok.

• 4 weeks later...

The maxi is heavier and ours didn't get as much use as I imagined it would - my nearly 6 year old lost all interest in scooting less than 6 months after we bought it (!) and now only ever wants to go out on his bike.

Which reminds me, I have a barely used blue maxi micro for sale if anyone wants it... Ideally would like ?50 for it as it was bought new and hardly used....

Edit - scooter now sold.