Malta holiday with kids - any recommendations

mill

Hi EDF families, just wanted to know if anyone has traveled to Malta and if anyone can recommend nice places to go that are child friendly as I'm going with my kids.... I.e beaches, shops, pools, playgrounds, restaurants, chill out spots etc....

Look forward to hearing your responses!!

Many thanks

Mill

Hi there,

I have a friend who lives in Malta (also with kids) she's given some tips....

Beaches- golden bay (north-west) and Riviera Bay (also known as Ghajn Tuffieha) are both sandy and very nice. Golden Bay easier to access with kids in buggy though

Playgrounds - marsascala family park, park by aquarium (Saint Paul's Bay) Pembroke park

Tigne point is nice mall with small soft play

Portomaso marina nice for walk around boats

Vittoriosa

Enjoy!!

Playmobil factory (followed by dinner in a fish village, forgot the name of it) and a Victorian fort where the guys were wearing old uniforms, had a few talks on swords and the greatest bit was a display of their skills on horses (saved from slaughterhouse). Both were great days out with kids.

We've been to Gozo with our brood, which is much quieter than the mainland but really all they wanted was a pool. We took the ferry back to the mainland to visit Medina and a water slide park on the northwest coast - the name escapes me. It is a fab place to go with kids, very child friendly. Also worth taking a coastal boat trip. Last time we went to Gozo the production company for Brad and Angelina's film by the sea were just setting up as it was all filmed on Gozo - imagine that is on the tourist trail by now. Enjoy.