Deptford Green School anyone?

We put it as third choice and got it - loved the ethos but headteacher recently changed. Meeting for all offered families next Weds Eve to meet new head. Not sure we'll end up going - lots of movement, but definately a great back-up. Journey a bit of a pain but p13 will probably work...where you based?

We went to visit and applied but 6th place as journey more awkward than other options. I really liked it as a school and liked the "senior management team" (what a horrible term!) - daughter liked it as well. We went by train from Forest Hill direct to New Cross Gate and it took us about 40 minutes with a bus to F Hill and the walk at the other end, so not too terrible.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

my niece goes to deptford green she is 16 this year and has been going since she was 11.

She cant wait to leave! she has done quite well academically but regrets going and her mum will not be sending her younger two there, they already have places somewhere else so i guess she was abit of a guinea pig!

Everyone has different experiences but my niece who has her head well screwed, is streetwise yet polite and well spoken often tells me the kids there are awful, badly behaved and on the whole its abit crappy but to be honest most secondary schools have their cons these days. just thought id share my experience, good luck