Too big for a cot - too small for a bed?

Hello

Going on holiday abroad with our 27 month old in May. Previously we've just asked the hotel to pop in a cot but our daughter is quite tall for her age and I think is too big now for the 'normal sized' cot they put in her room before - even a travel cot is pushing it a bit. At home she's in a cot bed with the sides still up because she hasn't made any attempt to climb out. She doesn't move around a lot in her sleep anymore but I'm a bit worried about putting her in a single bed - she might fall onto the hard floor or more likely just arse around getting in and out when she should be sleeping (but I guess we'll have to go through that at some point). What do people do with their little ones when they seem to be at this in-between stage? Thanks!

Hi

We went to a hotel that didn't have any cots when my son was 22 months. He loved the novelty of it. He fell out twice but remained asleep. It wasn't to high up. Often the extra beds in hotels are quite low, so you could ask? We moved him permanently to a single bed at 27 months. 1 month on he still falls out occasionally. Or you could cosleep if it is just a night or two?

Thanks newtoedf! Mattress on the floor sounds like a winner, thanks slh2009 for the sheet idea too! Giacomelli - we're away for a full week in a 2-bed villa so I think we will try and keep her to her own room if possible. We're moving house soon and after we've been settled there for a bit I think we'll make the transition to a bed. And obviously at some point it would be good if she could take herself to the loo (she's been out of nappies by day for a few weeks but still has a nappy on at night). Thanks all!

Have you looked at Ready Beds?

They fold up really small and have a little foot pump. You can get toddler ones which my kids loved. It felt special and they couldn't wait to get into bed.

Google toddler ready bed and you can see there is a lot of choice...