Single dad with beautiful 9 year old daughter

nic32

My gorgeous daughter needs play mates at weekends. As much as I can entertain her I know that she needs to spend time with children of her own age during weekends and holiday periods as I did at her age. I would love her to expand her social group. I am more than Happy to look after her and any potential friends and likewise if suitable parents are good and safe for her to be looked after by them.

She is very bright and confident and participates in gymnastics, horse riding,swimming, learning skate board and general activities that one would expect.

If there are any good, educated nice potential matches out there I would love to hear from you.

Obviously we would need to meet to make sure of suitability.

Regards

Nic

Actually to be fair to Uncleglen I actually thought the same, I don't think there was any untoward suggestion. I think the first person to ask is your daughter - does she have a particular friend that she would like to arrange a day out with? I'm guessing you might live in a different area to your ex-partner which might be why you are looking for friends outside of your daughter's school - in which case how about contacting an organisation like Gingerbread which arranges events for single parents or having a look on Meetup - I think they have groups doing family-friendly activities.

Are there any local groups that she would like to go to so she can build a friendship group naturally? Arts & crafts sessions, drama etc. I think this and the above comments is what normally happens. Ive never heard of families matching their children with suitable friends, sorry

• 2 weeks later...