Hypnobirthing?

Hollie de Cruz also runs courses as well as shorter workshops. www.londonhypnobirthing.co.uk - sessions run just off Lordship Lane. I went to one of the condensed afternoon sessions and it was lovely. Really logical on one hand but so relaxing and gave me a great deal of confidence. Also lots of exercises to do together with birth partners including lovely relaxation techniques and Mp3s. Good luck!

Hi all

After reading your reviews, I am also thinking of doing Hollie de Cruz's courses but can't decide if I should do the full course or the workshop. She seems to run the full courses only during the week which is a bit of a problem for us and I would love to hear your thoughts after having done either?

Many thanks!

I asked around and have heard mixed reviews about Hollie De Cruz - friends who saw her commented that she would cancel sessions and then be a bit awkward when trying to reschedule... Any recommendations for Lizzie Hammond?

Thanks everyone

We saw Hollie and she was fab - we failed to get organised in time to join one of the courses so had a private course just me and my husband over two days at the weekend and it was great - made a massive difference to my labour and the birth experience overall for both of us - even when there were complications. Big recommendation from me.

Could not speak more highly of Hollie at London Hypnobirthing and her course - she's fantastic, I think Hypnobirthing is such a positive thing to do, helps you feel very relaxed and prepared, and it all makes so much sense. Great course for both me and my husband, and I have no doubt that it helped our birth experience hugely, I went from feeling pretty nervous about birth to feeling calm, confident and looking forward to it - she prepares you really well, and in such a positive way.

Hi,

I am doing one with Lizzie as they are run on a weekend which is much more manageable for us with work! Also I have been recommended Lizzie by several people.

Sorry to hitchike on to your thread but does anyone know when may be good to do hypnobirhing course. Should we be doing it as early as possible or is around around 25 weeks OK. Thanks ks!

Worried about doing it too early in case I forget the techniques

I highly recommend Zoe Donkin who I went to see last summer before the birth of my first child. She's lovely, calm, knowledgable, and really listens to your individual needs. Her website is www.hypnobirthingandbeyond.com. She's in Nunhead/Peckham. Good luck!

I used Zoe last year for my first baby. She was really good, changed my whole outlook on the labor and made my whole pregnancy feel so relaxed having had that perpetration. Def reccomend to any expectant mums. Made me feel like I was in control of my labor which went really well thanks to Zoe's help. Classwise, she's really flexible and so lovely. We did a group class and are still in touch with the parents we met there.

Thanks so much for the kind words lovely people - it's a pleasure to work with expectant parents and I genuinely love what I do.

Just to clarify, I've been teaching in the area since 2011 and have had to reschedule 4 classes in that entire time due to illness of either myself or my son. It's obviously not ideal, but anyone juggling work and parenthood knows that unfortunately these rare occasions are inevitable. I have recently moved my classes to weekdays rather than evenings and weekends, purely because I made the personal decision that I want to spend more time with my family, especially now that my little boy is at school. I appreciate that this won't work for some people, but do remember that you're fully entitled to paid time off work for antenatal education https://www.gov.uk/working-when-pregnant-your-rights and since running these daytime classes I've found that lots of couples are more energized and engaged having not been at work all day, and are also quite pleased to get to spend time focusing on their pregnancy together during the week.

You can find out more about my classes at http://www.londonhypnobirthing.co.uk or pop over and say hi on Instagram @theyesmmummum

I have a Hypnobirthing Essentials Workshop running next Monday (18th April) from 9.30am-1.30pm in East Dulwich, which there are a couple of spots left on. This also includes a lovely goody bag full of mama treats :) If you'd like to attend, you can book your ticket here: http://buytickets.at/londonhypnobirthing/48738

With lots of good vibes for the rest of your pregnancies, and beyond.

Hollie x