help, we have mice!

MollyE

Oh it's so horrible isn't it. We used k&o pest control. They were good. They also have a shop in penge- if it happened again I would just go to the shop next time and get loads of poison and bait boxes and put them all over the place. That's what they did and it worked within two weeks.

I tried everything - including K&O and also the plug in. Nothing worked permanently. The exterminator recommended getting a cat as the best possible permanent solution. I like cats but my partner had never been that keen but feeling downtrodden with the mice and hearing the recommendation from the professional he agreed and off we went to Battersea.

BEST THING WE EVER DID - the cat caught a mouse in her first week! Her scent and prowling of the flat is clearly a deterrent and we haven't seen any sign of mice since her first kill so it's a pretty humane solution (except for her first victim but at least it was a natural death - hopefully over fairly quickly). Partner has been won round and likes the cat and our son is happy to have a pet. There was an item about the Foreign Office adopting a cat and apparently many old government buildings have cats because they are the best and most effective pest control/mouse deterrent there is.