Last offered distances for primary schools 2016

Hi midivydale, this means that everyone who wanted a place could have one at this school or would have had one ranked higher on their list. Are you sure your friends but Bellenden rather than Belham 1st? If they did, this would be very odd. Please check and let me know.

Renata

I'm in lewisham and I didn't put Ivydale down because in recent years there is no way I would have got in. But this year I would have! Can I get added onto waiting lists at this point?

The applicants is number of people who put it as one of their top 6 schools so its totally possible that they still offered a place to everyone who applied and didn't have a higher choice offered iyswim.

The sibling figure does seem weird though.

Some of the schools indicating that they made offers to all on time applicants had quite small last distance offered last year, so it seems like a huge change.

ARF Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> The sibling column is zero where all applicants

> were offered a place for that school so it's

> likely that it's just because it was immaterial to

> allocating places.

This is the Head from The Belham Primary School speaking:

We weren't able to offer to all who placed us as first choice and we have gone to just over 500metres. All offers have now been formally accepted by paperwork being presented and parents receiving a handbook for them to complete about their child.

Renata -it would be useful for parents, if voluntary aided, academies and free schools could publish their last distance offered -is there any way of collating this information at this stage?

Mrs Sonia Case

Good evening, Goose Green Primary was not on the list above (which was a very useful link, thank you). Does anyone know the catchment distance for this school? We are looking to buy on Chesterfield Grove and wondering if Goose Green is more or less likely than the new Harris School due to open on Lordship Lane in September? And/or where do other Chesterfield Grove children go to school?

Many thanks,

Rosie

Hi Rosie

We're on Melbourne Grove (North end - by the station). Along with Goose Green we're looking at Bessemer Grange (quite close as the crow flies - bit of a round the houses walk), and Belham and Bellenden schools in Peckham Rye though I suspect we're out of catchment for them. St Johns and St Clements in Peckham Rye has also been recommended but is a faith school so unlikely to be for us but we won't rule it out. Not sure about catchment for that one.

Welcome to the area. It's lovely here!

Hi Rosie,

Welcome to the area. Goose Green is an Academy, so you'll need to contact the school directly for this information. The schools I suggest you may wish to look into are Goose Green, Bessemer Grange, Bellenden, St J + St C, Harris ED, Heber and possibly Rye Oak and Dog Kennel Hill. Bessemer Grange is a 3 form entry which means that typically it has larger last place distances than 2 form entry schools. Remember that last place distances can vary alot between years.

Renata

Renata Hamvas Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Siblings are excluded in distance figures

Is this really the case? I'm not sure about the accuracy of this data - I know that someone didn't get into Heber and lives less than 500m away and didn't get in (it was first choice). 827m (if measured as the crow flies) is a considerable distance from the school, unless it refers to one of the applicants from the LAC column (not sure what LAC is). Anyway, I think it's important to make sure the correct data is being provided, Renata, could you clarify please?