Learn basic Sewing skills in a friendly atmosphere...interested?

Would you like to learn some basic sewing techniques? How to do simple alterations to get a really good fit?

Do you have a favourite thing that needs altering, mending?

Do you have a bargain you bought in the Sales that doesn't really fit?

Do you have an urge to make a cushion?

I've been doing alterations for people on the forum for years and have been asked many times about doing classes...

So, who wants to come along and learn ? When would work for you? Evening? Daytime? What would you like to learn? All thoughts, ideas welcome.

Thanks Sue, 07894438163

I have an open studio coming up 18th-19th June as part of the Camberwell Arts week, (private view, Fri 17th, 6_9pm)

So I am just trying to work out if we can do our first evening before that. The week after the Open Studio I run Arts Club at the Art Deli in Camberwell, this is a great venue as they have wine and I did wonder about running the class here, it would work well for basic hand stitching techniques, but for alterations we would need the privacy of my studio. So, we have options and I would be interested to hear your thoughts. Thanks

I'm now hoping to do an evening class on either Friday 24th or Monday 27th June. Let me know if you're interested? The cost will be ?20 for an hour and a half, or longer if we need it. Starting at 7-7.30, easy with start time, whatever works for you.

Sue

Hi Sue.

I missed all the above messages so was too late to join your session, but I'm really interested in classes. Not just for alterations but I have a pile of patterns I've been waiting to have a go at as I'm just a little too inexperienced to have the confidence and need to motivation of being at a class and having the support if I need it. I don't want to book onto a commercial class as they make you do their own patterns and I don't want to make something I won't wear!

Are you interested in running a sewing group like this regularly? Or could you give me tuition? I also lack the space to do the sewing.

Thanks,

Hannah