Recommendation for Children's Opticians

I took mine to Paine & Hunter for our daughter when she was 5 and they have been brilliant. Shes very short sighted and they are great with testing young children. Still go 9 years later!

• 5 weeks later...
Just wanted to add my recommendation for Paine + Hunter and in particular Dr. Charles (forgotten his surname!) He's excellent with children and put my 9 year old daughter at ease. My 9 yo had been given an earlier diagnosis of glasses by another optician - but I wanted a second opinion after she had a terrible experience with the first eye dr. It turned out she'd simply got so flustered at the first eye dr. (who was shouting at her when she began crying) she'd completely messed up on reading the letters and was prescribed glasses that would have actually made her eyesight blurry! So, a hearty recommendation for Paine + Hunter and for Dr. Charles!

• 9 months later...
Another thumbs up for Paine + Hunter - took my kids back after first visit last year and again, impressed with their friendliness and thoroughness. We had a different doctor from the one we had the first visit - but equally great rapport with children. Highly recommend!

I'd also recommend Roger Pope in Dulwich Village. I take all three of my children there and they are always friendly and helpful, and make sure that the children are relaxed and happy during the eye test.

Sounds like there are a few good options, so it may just depend on where you live and how convenient the appointments are.