Winter babies 2016/17 (due Dec 2016, Jan/Feb 2017)

Thanks for putting this up.

My name is Claudine, due 9th December and 35 years old.

I live in Nunhead with manfriend, cats and a rabbit.

This is our first and the excitement as well as the nerves are epic.

Congrats to all the new Winter babies.

C

Hi Balbina and Kim.

How are you ladies feeling? I cannot believe the first trimester is done and dusted already.

ooh and we have a Christmas baby in our group. So exciting.

I'm not sure if there is a group thing in EDF for the men, but I'm sure we can set our boys up for a meet up if they fancy it.

Speak soon.

Hello and congratulations to all!

I'm Donatella, I'm in East Dulwich and due my second one on the 11th of December.

Balbina, I think I might know you... We bumped into each other a couple of times at the playgroups in Dulwich Village and at Crystal Palace! So nice to hear you are going to be on maternity leave same time as me!

I'm looking forward to meeting new mums hopefully to hang out with and help me keeping sane!it is going to be a very busy winter indeed :)

D

X

Hi! I forgot to respond to your message. Feeling a little bit better now post first trimester. Also very excited about a Christmas baby in our group. Shall we organise a coffee soon?

Has anyone signed up to NCT or the posher alternative? I would like to know which is best.

Hi there mums to be!

I'm due on 12th December and this is our first Bambino. Can't wait.

Would love to meet up and compare prego notes with you all. Morning sickness has now gone, THANK GOD. Clutching on to a bottle of water and rich tea biscuits on my commute wasn't a great look.

Kimp, I've signed up to NCT, starting in late October. All of my friends have recommended it. Can also pay in instalments to spread the cost which I've found really helpful.

Look forward to chatting with you all

Jen

x

hi there,

I'm Eleni, expecting my first on Dec 25th as well- two Christmas babies in this group!

I'm based in East Dulwich (SE22), are you all at Kings as well? I've been assigned Ivy Green midwives but have my first appointment with them in a couple weeks, so still quite vague on the midwife arrangements. I hadn't previously considered it but after talking to a friend, I'm thinking about home birth options too. Anyone else thinking about it/done it?

Morning sickness lingering a bit but feeling better than a week ago. I think we will do NCT as well, but haven't looked into it!

Congrats on making it to the second trimester :)

Eleni

Hello again!

We have been away so I had not had the chance to reply.

Donatella yes we do know each other! Congratulations to you and all the other mums to be.

I would love to meet up too.

I'm booked at kings and will definitely stick to a medical delivery as I have severe complications last time and have been told I have to have a C section. Not great but whatever is necessary to be safe...

I'm feeling so much better no nausea here thank god! But with my first, an energetic toddler, it's difficult to rest and look after myself in the same way I could the first time around, so no nausea but pretty exhausted still.

We can organise to meet up for tea or "drinks" in the evening or during the weekend if it's easier for those with children.

Xx

B

• 2 weeks later...

Hello ladies,

My name is Fani and we live in East Dulwich. This is our first one and I am due January 5th!

I guess I am the first January here! :)

I would love to meet you at some point, have not yet registered for NCT classes but looks like a good idea!

Good luck to all and speak soon!

Fani

Hi ladies,

My name is Sarah and my husband and I live in Herne Hill. We are expecting our first baby on January 18 (Fani, there are now two January babies on here : )). We are incredibly excited and nervous at the same time. We already know it's a boy so my husband is over the moon.

Eleni, we are at Kings and have had a pretty positive experience so far (although you could tell that it is a research facility so sometimes the staff seemed to forget that we are people rather than guinea pigs. However, the midwife we have met was incredibly kind and seemed genuinely happy for us).

Would love to meet up for tea and 'drinks' and am generally quite flexible during the week, weekends are probably a bit more difficult.

Hope everyone is over their morning sickness by now.

Sarah x

Hi all,

We seem to have already quite a big group here :)...

Should we set up a couple of days for meet ups- maybe one in August and one in September for now?

It might be difficult to agree on a date, so I would suggest we pick two days hoping that most of us are free?

What about 20th August and 24th September in the afternoon? That would give more time to other Winter mums to join in!

I am happy to book an area in a pub/caffe around lordship lane. It would be nice to meet in the park but I'm not sure we can trust this British summer!!!

I look forward to hearing back from you!

Donatella

X

Hi Ladies

Lovely to hear all your messages. I am due on 16th Jan with our first baby. We live on Shenley Road in Camberwell. I woukd love to meet up but I can't make either of those dates. Is there a Facebook page for this group or just this forum? Speak soon and congratulations to all!

Hello!

Thanks for organising Donatella! I can only make the September one. I could do a later day in August.

I dont think there is a group on Facebook yet. I'm happy yo start one if you want.xx

Hi all.

Goodness I haven't looked at this page for a few weeks now, didn't expect this many new faces. How wonderful. I am very excited to meet up.

I can do both those dates, however the 20th August works better for me.

I have been looking at NCT classes. However the one that is the most convenient for me, I would have to miss the first class, as we are off on holiday that day. Do you guys think that would be acceptable?

Thanks

Claudine

Hi all,

Great idea Donatella! I'm not sure about the September date yet but am free on the 20th August - will be lovely to meet you all then.

Claudine - I'm sure it's fine to miss one of the NCT classes (I've heard that they can send notes on for anything important that you miss) and I expect a lot of time during the first one be taken up with introductions...

Anna x

Hi, I'm Gemma, due with my third on 26 January.

My eldest turned 3 about a week ago and my youngest will be 2 in October so I'm looking forward to the chaos that awaits having 3 aged three and under!

Afraid I can't make the August date but will try for the September one.

I'm a SAHM so pretty flexible if anyone wants to meet up during the week (though I'll have the two boys in tow), weekends are sometimes a bit trickier.

Congratulations to you all, I hope you are all feeling well and look forward to meeting you soon x

Hello! I'm due 20th December. Would be lovely to meet up and think I can do those dates. This will be baby number 2 for me.

I did NCT first time around and it was great for creating a support network and making good friends. I've signed up for the refresher course this time around too.

I had a home birth for my first and hoping for the same again if no problemns. Happy to share my experience X

Hello everyone

My name is Rachel, I'm expecting December 4th and it's my first baby. I didn't expect to see so many people on here already! I'm Starting NCT sept 29th in Nunhead which guess is earlier than those of you who are also doing it?

I live on the nunhead/peckham boundary. I'm free August 20th so looking forward to meeting some of you then.

Hope you are all coping OK in this heat!

Rachel x

Hello to all again and welcome to the latest ladies in the group!

Thanks Donatella for putting dates forward, unfortunately cannot make those dates as will be out of the country.Happy to meet you all another time though!

Just to keep track of names I have put a little list of us so far to help us remember (I forget so much these days!), might help our planning :)

- Claudine (9th Dec - Nunhead)

- Balbina (25th Dec)

- Kim (3rd Dec - East Dulwich)

- Jen (12 Dec)

- Sarah (18 Jan - Herne Hill)

- Donatella (11 Dec - East Dulwich)

- Anna (14 Dec - East Dulwich)

- Gemma (26 Jan)

- Eleni (25 Dec - East Dulwich))

- Rachel (4th Dec - Nunhead)

- Christie (11 Jan - Camberwell)

- LoveED86 (11 Dec)

- Porridge_lover (20th Dec)

- Fani (5 Jan - East Dulwich)

hope I did not forget anyone!

Have a nice weekend

Fani

Hello all

First baby due 16th December - undoubtedly means it'll end up being x-mas day! Doing East Dulwich NCT course from 29 October with my husband (with a full day Saturday session on my 33rd birthday, lucky me!)

We live just off Goose Green so would be lovely to meet, think both the Aug and September would work for me.

Holly x