Family friendly restaurants in the area

we love si mangia on forest hill road, Italian, they are great with my 3 aged 6,4 and 11 months, great food not usually busy if you eat early but good idea to book. They don't have a children's menu but are happy to do starter size portions or split a main meal over two plates which I think is how it should be.

Agree that Si Mangia is great, they are lovely and the food is nice.

My daughter wanted Chinese as her birthday meal yesterday, so we went to Mr Liu on Lordship Lane - first time I've eaten in there in over 11 years! They were really accommodating, super friendly staff and the food was great for family dining (we ordered one of the set menus and all of the children picked things out that they liked - they are 4, 8 and 9). I would recommend it.

Thank you for the recommendation have booked Si Mangia for Saturday for a belated Fathers Day meal with the whole family should be a lovely day. Will definitely give the Chinese a go another time Pickle, its a fav for my daughter too!

Our location of choice with a 2 year old is Rocca in Dulwich Village. The staff are lovely, food great and there are always lots of other families there. They also serve the food really quickly so you dont have to entertain a hungry child for too long. Plus you can do a park walk before/after to burn off some energy.

Surma on Lordship Lane does a great buffet on Sundays and they always have naan and a selection of mild dishes as well as something spicier. I think most of the curry houses do a Sunday buffet. The Actress does nice pizza. The Great Exhibition and The Cherry Tree have a kids menu for Sunday lunches - I'm sure the other pubs do too, but I can recommend both of those from personal experience. And another vote for Mr Lui. Olivelli is nice, but quite pricy, as is the Picturehouse cafe. Both very child friendly though. The Italian place at the bottom of Melbourne Grove - Il Mirto (I think) is good too and very reasonably priced. For lunch the japanese place does a kids bento. It can be a bit on the 'entertaining' side but The Plough has a beer garden which can be nice in the summer months. The Fox On The Hill (Denmark Hill) has a playground and is a Wetherspoons (I think) - so no Michelin stars, but can be a good option - the grandparents love it! Also Hissar on the lane does really nice kebabs and all those dips like hummous and baba ganoush with pitta - very family friendly, booking advised for weekends. Great news is, you're pretty much spoiled for choice.