Children's Party recommendation: Captured on the Rye

I want to recommend Lou and his brilliant parties at Captured on the Rye. My 6-yr old had a party there for 12, and they all really enjoyed it. It was nice to do something creative, without lots of competitive games (which can stress out my son!) and everyone got something really nice to take away at the end - a party bag with a difference!

They basically designed their own T-shirts (with some cool templates for those that wanted them) and then Lou and Lola helped them screen print them - they all came out looking great, something tasteful that the kids will wear and enjoy. They also did some fab little spin paintings and at the end Lou fired up his candy floss machine.

Find out more here: https://capturedontherye.com/

Feel free to PM me if you want to ask me anything about it.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
We had a party 2 years ago for the children at the shop and again this weekend but at home. We invited the whole class. Lou and his assistant took charge of all the kids and kept them entertained for over 3 hours with t shirt printing and spin painting. There were 25 tshirts made. The kids were boisterous and with a sugar high from all the candy floss but they were able to remain calm and made it a stress free party. They were also very good around our disabled child and took measures to ensure safety at all times. We would definitely recommend.

• 1 month later...
We just had my daughters 7th birthday party at captured in the rye. It is a really good alternative party. The girls were totally engrossed in the activity from drawing and cutting out to getting involved with the screen printing and shrieking with delight at their finished t shirts. The spin painting and candy floss also added another dimension of creative fun. Would recommend highly as a memorable birthday activity with a keep sake to go home with!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
I can also recommend Captured on the Rye (Pellatt Road) spin painting parties. My teen and 7 friends had a fantastic time there recently, and they all left with a beautifully unique t-shirt or bag, as well as a sugar high from the monumental candy floss. Great value, and I can say from experience that the t-shirts last forever (we have two from 4 years ago which are much loved and still going strong!). It can be tricky to find something different for teens, and this absolutely hit the mark.

Aww. Thanks, Guanaja. It was a pleasure to have you and your family return. It makes me happy when I see tee shirts printed at our parties being proudly sported around and about in ED and beyond. There were no less than three being worn at the recent BBC Proms in Peckham!

Come again.

• 2 weeks later...
I definitely recommend Captured on the Rye for children's parties. We had my daughter's 8th birthday party at the weekend and it was fantastic. All the girls had a brilliant time and I'm still getting comments from the mums at school about how much they all loved it. Lou and Lola were fantastic at helping with the t-shirt designs and the finished product looks really impressive. The candy floss creations at the end were a definite highlight!

• 1 month later...
Another recommendation for Lou and Captured on the Rye! We had a lovely time there for my daughter's birthday party (a group of 4-6 year olds). The kids loved seeing their designs being printed on the T-shirts, and they really enjoyed the spin painting too. I'd also add that it's a really reasonably priced, hassle-free party (venue, entertainment, and party bags all sorted). You just need to turn up with a cake!

• 1 month later...