Looking for advice: Childminder in old Kent road/ ilderton road

LAM

Hi families and childminders. I am looking for some advice.

I am currently a childminders assistant, but looking to leave and set up myself.

I live in a flat on the ground floor. Was wondering what parents thought about childminders in a flat, no garden?

Does this put you off? I have no stairs so easy to access.

Also are there any childminders near me on here?

Or childminders in the same type of property?

Thanks

My daughter used to go to a childminder in a little first floor flat. The CM was great, the kids went out every day so they weren't cooped up and my daughter was very happy.

If the weather is bad the kids wouldn't be outside that much even if there was a garden so in my view what goes on inside, the activities and outings you have and the general quality of care are much more important. The garden is more of a nice to have.

This would not put me off at all. My son's childminder used to live in a flat and I did not even occur to me to consider that to be an issue. I went to see loads of childminders before I decided, some of which lived in large houses with lovely gardens. When I walked into the one we choose in the end, I felt straight away that it was the right fit for us. She was warm, patient, experienced, the other kids clearly loved her and she was active (a must for my boy). She was always out and about with the kids. The fact that she lived in a flat did not even occur to me to be a factor for consideration.

Go for it, good luck!!