I have 24 hours child free!! What to do?

My other half has taken pity on me and given me 24 hours child free to do whatever I want... I'm now not sure what to do and don't want to send up missing the kids and getting all tearful. Any suggestions for something truly relaxing?

do you have time to plan? can you arrange a day trip with a friend and a sleepover in a nice hotel /B&B?

Doesn't have to be far.... lots of great places within a couple of hours of London

a change of scene would make it a mini holiday.... if you stay in the house, you will either be tidying up - or feeling guilty for NOT tidying up :-)

Do you have a hobby that you could make the most of?

When my kids are away (my husband has taken them to see grandparents in Scotland a few times now, I love every minute of it!) I schedule in long runs and travel to Central London to visit trendy craft shop/cafes. I also tend to eat crisps and chocolate for dinner and drink quite a lot of wine!

I would go and do something beauty/pamper related have a long wine fuelled brunch/lunch and then stock up on lots of magazines and or books for an afternoon early night on the sofa in a for once tidy and clutter free living room. Ah I am sat here nursing a foot bruised by ninjago lego and feel slightly envious at the prospect of 24 hrs to myself! A

One winter afternoon when I needed to escape it all, I checked into a Greenwich hotel, booked myself in for a massage at the wellness centre nearby, went to the movies armed with chocolate and crisps. Then the next morning, enjoyed a coffee in a luxuriously clean bathrobe before I headed out for a wander round Greenwich markets and read an entire book in the library. After that, I was ready to face the world again. Greenwich was a nice change of scenery and I knew I wouldn't run into anyone we know. :)

Am most of the way through my own 24 hours without my family... Stayed at home and did calm, productive things (yes, cleaning, but in a relaxed way, and little, niggling things I ache to get around to), watched some crap tv, then took myself out for dinner with a good book on LL... That, along with the nice walk along the balmy street, with lots of people out and about, was delightful! Thought of taking myself out to the cinema, but now I'd rather finish my book and have a good old snooze... Enjoy your 24 hours!