Do you have what it takes to be me? Read on...

Hello lovely family room community.

Six years ago (almost to the day, it was the 10th August), I took over as Family Room Moderator. I thought I'd do it for a year or so, but as tends to happen time flew by, and here I am, something of a veteran.

However, it's time for change. At the end of the year my family and I are moving from East Dulwich to New Zealand (how many of you are now going "aha, I know who the FRM is!")? As a very long term user of the forum, one of the first few I think, I doubt that I'll cut all ties, but I won't be around as regularly, or at particularly useful times for moderating purposes.

I have contacted a few people who I think might like the role, but would like to see if anyone else might be interested before Admin and I pass the baton.

Some details:

- it's voluntary (but you get paid in feel-good factor, for having helped your local community)

- generally it's not difficult, these days the family discussion room is a pretty calm place to be, so I very rarely have to intervene. Mainly it's about hiding spam and removing rule breaking posts

- you need to have an open minded approach. Sometimes there will be discussions you disagree with.

- it doesn't take long. If you're a person who quickly checks the forum over your morning coffee and again with your evening glass of wine/beer/tequila you can do the job. I had a 3rd baby during my 6 year stint and never felt I couldn't keep up with the moderating role.

Personally, I've really enjoyed it. When I'm out and about I often hear people referring to the forum, I see groups of Mums and babies meeting up and smile knowing I set up a thread for them to use when they were first pregnant. It's a valuable local resource, and needs committed local people to help keep it a success.

So, if you think this is something you would like to do, or want more information, please get in touch by sending me a PM.

Family Room Moderator

• 2 weeks later...