Anyone with a daughter at Sydenham School?

tutorse22

Hello, we're thinking about Sydenham School for our daughter (the state secondary school on Dartmouth Road). Was wondering if there are any current parents on here who might spare the time for a quick chat with me about it? I went to the Open Day last year, and will go again this year, but it would be great to get the perspective of a current parent, if possible!

Many thanks!

Hi there,

My daughter just finished successful GCSE's at Sydenham, its a great great school, fabulous care of precarious teen girls and they get really good results (its a proper comp school all ranges of ability).

Wouldn't hesitate to recommend, as would all the parents of girls that go or went there that I know, there is not a lot of negativity around the school. The communication is brilliant compared to other schools I have heard. (phone calls if homework missed, texts reminding you of exams or tests).

Please pm if you need to discuss more

I agree. My daughter's just about to start Year 8 and I can't think of anything negative about the school. She's come on so much in the last year and is really happy there. Lovely teachers who are so encouraging and positive. She works hard but doesn't feel under any undue pressure. So far so good for us. x

No complaints here - 2 daughters there and echo everything already said , the communication is great, also they seem very aware of the girls educational needs - My only fear about the school was being such a big school - I was worried that girls (particularly less academic) might be lost in a big school but that hasn't been the case. At the other end they cater really well for more able pupils too - what's not to love ... Am waiting to see how the new head fits into the school and steers the school as well as the previous head .

Pm me if you want more specific info .

• 9 months later...

I think it was 2793 metres for 2016 admissions

Don't know the outcome for 2017 admissions. You could probably email them>

The info on this page relates to admissions for September 2017, with all dates of open days etc. We await the updated info relevant to the September 2018 cohort.

https://www.lewisham.gov.uk/myservices/education/schools/school-admission/applying-to-start-secondary-school/Pages/default.aspx