Current Nanny rates

bensam

Hi,

What is the going rate for an experienced nanny to look after three children with two in full time school. This would not be a share. I guess this may correspond to looking after two kids full time. I am looking for ideas as to what the current going rates are. Please specify if you mean Net or Gross as I know people do this differently now and Gross rates are becoming more common.

To be honest it ranges from ?10nph upwards. If you find a nanny with their own child, for instance, then this can fall to ?8.50/9nph because they don't have to cover cost of their own kids childcare (so it's a share with the nanny effectively but you don't have to coordinate another family). Rather than using an agency why don't you speak to nannies on this forum or look at some of the local FB pages (there's a group called Crystal Palace Nannies/Childminders which covers nannies around the area). And yes - nannies will still expect to understand their net pay and then the tax company will gross it up for you to include in the contract. Pensions are coming in over the next couple of years, so worth understanding your obligations there.