MeatLiquor - dining notes

tarafitness

Just wanted to warn some of you with younger children who like to eat out, that Meat Liquor has very high benches and stools, and no sign of highchairs (this may change in the future, but not exactly sure how it will work as the tables are also very high). We were quite surprised by this, but perhaps this is deliberate and they're marketing themselves at an older audience, which is fair enough :)

It's not a problem for children probably say 4 or over who are taller with better balance, but my 2 year old slipped forward off the bench a few times and I was worried about him bashing his head on the table as he went. Could also see him falling backwards off the high stools so they weren't an option.

Not an issue for us, as we're quite local so my partner just nipped back home and picked up our booster seat which has its own table, but just wanted to pre-warn parents of smalls that you may have to do likewise, or get them to eat off the shelf behind the benches?

Food wise, we both had the bacon cheeseburger which was very tasty. Only criticism would be that they were too salty (partner noticed it too, and we're both fans of seasoned food). The fries with onion and hippy sauce were very tasty.

Our son had the chicken finger sandwich, which looked great, and I think was a bargain for ?5. They do apparently have a children's menu too, but couldn't see that on the main menu so you have to ask - another indication that they're hoping to attract a different demographic to say GBK?

Generous portion sizes, and their beer selection is pretty good too :)

Tara

Hiya,

I also went there last week with my 4 year old and almost 2 year old. They also had the chicken sandwich and really enjoyed it.

The staff mentioned that they also do kids burgers and hot dogs as well.

With regards to the tables they said that the high benches at the front were actually the wrong tables and that they are awaiting delivery of lower tables and highchairs.

I hope that this helps.

Susan