Recommendation: Take Flight Academy Sat School

sallybrandon

Hi

I just want to give a shout out for Take Flight Saturday School. My kids have just started at their newly launched Saturday School based at Sydenham Girls School in Forest Hill. The Saturday school is 4 hours each week combining dance, drama and singing. Two weeks in and they absolutely love it. The teaching staff are really friendly and have all worked professionally in the theatre world and the studio facilities are top class. Both kids are looking forward to the West End Masterclasses, where a current West End performer will be coming in to teach them which is included at no extra cost, as are the private singing lessons they get. A visit from the Patron of Take Flight, Rachel Tucker who is back playing Elphaba in Wicked for the 10th anniversary was wonderful surprise on the first day. The end of term performances are professionally filmed and again you receive a copy included in the cost and i think the long term plan is to have a YouTube channel to broadcast their performances. The directors of the school Stevie and Leanne are there every Saturday and are always happy and willing to talk and answer any questions. I cannot recommend Take Flight Academy of Performing Arts highly enough. The quality of the teaching is excellent and I know my kids are gaining great skills and building their confidence every week. If this is something you think your kids would enjoy this is the link to their website. http://takeflightacademy.co.uk/classes/saturday-school/

The first week we went was a free taster session which I think they are still offering up until the October half term so drop them a line quickly of you are interested as they only have a few spaces left.