What shall I cook for "Date Night"?

yeknomyeknom

Thai green curry is a good one to pull off. Tuna steaks are great. Poached salmon, easy peasy and tasty. Pies always win blokes over, myself included. Sounds old fashioned but it's still yummy, bread and butter pudding with custard for pudding, feels like the right time of year to eat that.

What a sweet and thoughtful idea!

Tuna and Asian dressing sounds yummy! Are you going to serve it with rice? Noodles? For the salsa, maybe go easy on the raw onions...in case the conversation gets a bit more intimate later?! ;)

For future meals, why not recreate a previously enjoyable meal? Something that you had while on honeymoon? Or when you went on holiday? I recently made a Korean bibimbap...probably not authentic, but it got us talking about when we almost froze to death in Seoul one Christmas.

Ok I have purchased my menu:

Chicken and ginger broth with floating prawn dim sum parcels (bought) for starter

Asian tuna and salsa

Coconut rice pudding with ginger ice cream, lime sorbet and mango

I'm happy.

We do date night every Saturday as we have a young child and babysitting is expensive. We take it in turns to cook and choose the evenings entertainment and music. No iPads, phones or tv allowed. We sit at the kitchen table. It's nice.

It's really helped us tune back in to each other. For that day at least :)

Love all your ideas. Thanks so much. It's me again in two weeks so keep them coming.

Good menu and what a lovely idea! Might give it go ourselves!

For future (and for me to remember if we decide to do it):

starters - moules mariniere with crusty bread or caponata served with burrata?

mains - fish pie or coq au vin?

desert - creme brulee, flourless chocolate cake, sticky toffee pudding?

Mmmm I'm getting hungry now!