Prendergast Hilly Fields & Graveney School

Hi,

I am considering these two schools for my daughter who will start secondary school in 2018 and I would like to hear opinions from parents with girls there. Also, what are the chances of getting a music place at Prendergast? do you have to play an instrumt to a high level or can you also sing? is it very compentitive? what's the test like?

For Graveney: What are the chances of getting an academic place; I believe there are 60 places based on the Wandsworth test; is this a reaslitic option? anybody in Dulwich with children there who can tell me what the school is like.

Thank you

Have you been and visited the schools?

As well as other local schools?

Just wondering how you hit on these two, especially as Graveney is two boroughs away.

Most people I know are very happy with Graveney. It gets its very high results because it has so many selective places. I think it is 70 now (not sure how they were allowed to increase them?).

Prendergast, like Kingsdale, does music aptitude tests, so it is on potential rather than grade exams.

Prendergast asks you to do a musical aptitude test for the first round and then if called back to play two pieces for your second round. I think they took about 12 children this year on this basis and few of them seem to be from ED/Peckham Rye/Nunhead.