sleeping in car seat - head flopping forward

hello guys,

Our toddler's head keeps falling forward and flopping down while she sleeps. It bothers her and we plan to do some long drives at night. Is this common and have you guys experienced it? Were there any magic solutions?

This happened in the old car seat but still happens in the new seat (Joie i-Advance). I'm particularly annoyed because I bought the Joie seat because in the video it looked like it reclined a long way, but in reality the recline is slightly less than vertical.

Have any of you used the Trunki Yondi to prop their chins up?

Advice gratefully received :)

Are you using the seat forward or rear facing? If rear facing where abouts are the straps compared to her shoulder? We were having issues with my 3 year old and flopping over in her car seat but then realised I'd put the straps up a slot too far, and putting them back and maximising the recline fixed it.

In terms of the head flop - is it just her head or does her body flop over too and outside the shell of the seat. The first is safe enough for most older kids but if they fall outside it isn't.

Have also used the Trunki Yondi for my kids - my youngest quite likes it, my older one doesn't. Worth a go anyway as not expensive.

I have a recaro car seat the elongated padded sides are meant to prevent head falling all over the show. I miss my maxi cosi tobi car seat which reclined amazingly. My daughter got to tall for it and my car is quite low so we had to change. Maybe invest in a neck pillow??

Thanks everyone.

It's not her body, as she's strapped in securely. It's just her head and it does bother her. I'm annoyed because I looked at their product videos which definitely made it appear as though the seat reclined significantly. We have it at maximum recline when she's just normally sitting in it - you wouldn't think it was on a recline at all!

Cheers

E

I also bought a Joie car seat and planned to use it rear-facing. But because the rear seat of the car is very sloped, it just wouldn't recline enough, and our girl's head would always flop forwards. So we have no choice but to use it forward facing.

Emily Rose, we used the cyber isofix seat for our child and it was brilliant. I hated seeing him lulled forward on a car journey, and this seat did the trick. He is now too big for it, so we have it for sale. Let me know if your are interested. We have all relevant fixings, it is in really good condition. Here is the Which link, ours is plain black.

http://www.which.co.uk/reviews/child-car-seats/cybex-solution-x2fix-isofix

I am around tomorrow if you (or anyone else for that matter)is interested Selling for ?60.