Mums: anyone have a little wedding dress they would loan out?

Not really sure where to start here.

We are eloping to nYC for an Xmas wedding due to a melt down in family politics planning our wedding for next year. I absolutely can't afford a dress at all right now - money is at an all-time low.

I am a size 10-12 dress but with a very large bust (32F). I'm looking for a dress to wear on December 28th for a quick civil ceremony at City Hall. I would bring the dress with me onto the plane and hang it on board, rather than pack it. I would happily leave you a deposit too, should you want.

I just wondered on the off chance if any lovely ladies out there have a (practical) wedding dress in their cupboard that I could borrow for a quick winter wedding in NYC. I will of course dry clean it prior to return and I'd look after it with care and love.

Can anyone help this here runaway bride? ;-)

Thank you, thank you xx

I would love to loan you a wedding dress, but I got married in black... on my due date... and Litte Saff was born the next day. :-0

Good luck, I hope you find a dress. I see them come up for sale from time to time on local forums, fairly inexpensive. You could also try posting on some of the local FaceBook groups?

Eloping to NYC sounds fab! xx

Hi Saffron, dry cleaning a wedding dress is very expensive, I think potentially around the ?100 mark, so you might find it's cheaper to just buy one second hand for around the same price and then not bother dry cleaning after wearing it. Just in case you missed it, this post was in the For Sale section: http://www.eastdulwichforum.co.uk/forum/read.php?9,1735768,1735768#msg-1735768

Asos! They have a ruched bandeau white dress which you can get in a 10/12 for ?13! It's floor length , all you'd need is a pair of shoes , hair accessory should you wish. You can even google a veil if you want one and you'll find a cheap one.