Bubble machine for indoor party?

mimosa

The party will be in a hired space with little inside to trash, but my mental image is of little kids slipping up all over the place! But then friends who have been to parties with bubbles say that that didn't happen. I guess it depends on the bubble machine you use. Or does it... ? Maybe it's all wet mess?

My concern is little ones getting drenched or slipping. But friends who've been to parties with bubble machines indoors say that this doesn't happen. This is what puzzles me. I'm for getting one but my partner is a bit sceptical...

if it is a hired room - check your contract of hire. Due to H & S concerns many halls do not permit things like bouncy castles, trampolines etc due to possible accidents. Also if they will allow bubbles - may ask you to check what the bubbles are made with as could affect the floor covering. ( I have been to a hall where floor is 2 colours due to a hirer spilling some liquid which reacted with the flooring)

• 2 weeks later...
I think it would be fine. If it was on for two hours solid and pointing in the same direction the whole time then yes the floor would get slippery. But you can turn them on and off and move them around for bursts of bubbly fun and just keep an eye on how the floor is doing. It's only tiny amounts of liquid for each bubble. For a group of kids aged around 2 - 4 bubbles are hard to beat for instant happiness.

• 1 year later...