Tummy bug advice

reren

My 3 year old son got a tummy big last sat and was very sick during the night vomited a number of times - rest of the family came down w same thing 2 days later but we are all recovering and eating again. 3 year old won't eat anything - drank water for first 2 days and now will have apple juice and has had a couple of small bites of toast, banana, muffin over last couple of days. He is weeing and pooing - though poo is now very pale colour (sorry if too much info!!) should we be worried about him not eating? He otherwise seems fine and in good spirits, no temperature...assume he will start eating when he is ready? He's a stubborn little thing - no way of getting him to do something he doesn't want to do! Haven't yet been to doctor cause he seemed OK...but little concerned that we are now on day 4 of not eating...

Very pale poos could mean the infection caused the gall bladder to be inflamed. The gall bladder makes bile, which gives poo it's dark colour. If irritated, bile production can temporarily drop.

It should get better after a few days, but you could phone seldoc for out of hours advice if you're worried.

I had this several years ago after a particularly bad round of likely viral gastroenteritis. My poo was actually white! Not kidding! Very weird, but I recovered fine.

Hope your LO is better soon. xx

Hey, a proven natural medicine for tummy ache is blackcurrant juice. Every time my little one has a diarrhea or vomiting I buy the juice and the good results are almost immediate. Good thing is that it's juice and it's sweet so kids are less inclined to decline it and with some salty crackers can actually help them feel full.

I use it on me and everyone who has these types of problems.