Alone at Christmas....

OAPJM

Hello everyone I am a 27 year old girl who is finding it hard to face the fact I will be alone for the first time this Christmas in 27 years. I have come from such a close loving family and I am truly gutted and not coping very well with knowing I will be alone. Does anybody have any ideas of what I could do on Christmas Day? To save being alone? Any ideas greatly appreciated.

Hi, I am very sorry to hear this but a huge well done for reaching out! How about volunteering? There are several worthwile causes in the area that often look for staff. I worked one year with familes and young children in Camberwell. I will have a look to see if I can find the details. There are also alot of activities going on in local churches around the area. The community spirit is high even if you are not a regualar church goer.

I realise this is on a older person page but found this - I'm sure if you look online there are more things.

http://sixtyandme.com/fun-things-to-do-if-you-are-spending-christmas-alone/

I also had a look on Meet Up.com and found this - https://www.meetup.com/LONDON-MEETUP-SOCIAL-GROUP-KENS-EVENTS/events/227288984/

I think Meet Up sound great - a girl at work goes out with different groups and has a great time.

When I find myself alone at Christmas I usually go to a local church & volunteer helping feed the old & homeless. It gave me such a lovely feeling of doing something, rather than sitting at home alone feeling lonely. It has subsequently

Helped me understand we are all here to help each other in whatever way we feel we can. I see it as an opportunity to connect & never feel lonely again. Well done for reaching out, you are very brave & if all else fails, you are welcome for Christmas dinner at my house. I'm on my own too, except for my dog Barney!

Nigel

Oh & Happy Christmas, I'm sure it will be